July 20, 2020
How to Prepare Your Office Post COVID-19
Company leaders around the world are making crucial decisions about when and how to bring their teams back into the physical office, if at all. With the COVID-19 pandemic at the top of business leaders’ minds everywhere, it’s necessary to make an action plan to keep everyone in your company safe, healthy and productive as they filter back into the workplace.
There are many elements to take into consideration in a post-COVID-19 work atmosphere. Armstrong Relocation – Dallas is actively working with local and national companies to help get them up and running safely. Here are some of the best practices to consider when getting ready for office life post COVID-19.
1. Start with a clean slate. One crucial part of adjusting back into office life will be employers ensuring their offices are cleaned and sanitized per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) standards. Many steps will be taken to educate staff on how to keep clean workspaces, introduce policies for staff protection and have the entire space properly cleaned by a professional team.
Armstrong Relocation – Dallas can help adapt your workspace to follow professional health recommendations through the following:
- Site and equipment cleaning and sanitization
- FF&E sanitization and installation
- Elevator and escalator sanitization
- Safety and health checks protocol organization
- Workplace health and safety communications distribution
2. Use posted reminders. Help your team remember to practice good hygiene. As teams become accustomed to new best practices, posting helpful reminders about social distancing, handwashing and wearing PPE will keep your team accountable. The CDC has released a number of free, printable materials here for your benefit.
3. Provide your teams with materials they need to stay safe. Before bringing employees back into the office, make sure your space is properly equipped with hand sanitizer, disinfectants, PPE, and any other preventative materials or instructions.
On-site social distancing
Upon the return of the workforce, business leaders will need to rethink how their office and common spaces are configured with new social distancing recommendations in mind. Work stations will need to be set farther apart and conference rooms should accommodate less seating. The CDC recommends installing, “transparent shields or other physical barriers where possible to separate employees and visitors where social distancing is not an option.”
With safety guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the CDC in mind, many companies will need to take into consideration how their teams enter the building each day — limiting the number of people allowed on elevators and placing six-foot guidelines in waiting areas. With the right approach every office can make these changes and create a safer office environment.
Armstrong Relocation – Dallas has several services to help streamline this transition:
- Six feet routing and workstation set up
- Virtual site surveying and inspection
- Social distance site planning
- New furniture and equipment delivery
- Contactless delivery management system
Monitoring air quality
Keeping clean, fresh air circulating throughout the workplace is an essential part of healthy workspaces. The CDC recommends using “natural ventilation (i.e., opening windows if possible and safe to do so) to increase outdoor air dilution of indoor air when environmental conditions and building requirements allow.” It also suggests maximizing air filtration to the furthest extent possible without compromising airflow (MERV 13 or 14) and, finally, running the building ventilation system even during off-hours to maintain good ventilation.
We know the significant impact COVID-19 has had on you and your teams. Armstrong Relocation – Dallas is here to make adapting your offices to its new norms a smooth transition. When you need a team with corporate service experience and a dedication to detail, we have the resources you need and decades of experience to handle the task. Armstrong Relocation – Dallas is ready to speak to you today about our office reconfiguration services. Be sure to request a quote here or give us a call today at 972.242.0511.Return to Blog Homepage >