Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- “Without a doubt the best packing crew we've ever had pack us up. Our company moves us a lot and this crew far out performed any others we've had. Very professional, personable, and motivated to do a great job. I would highly recommend Armstrong Relocation to friends and relatives."
M.G., June 2015
- "They were awesome and took the stress out of moving. Great job!"
S.S., June 2015
- "My driver, Troy, and his team were AMAZING from start to finish. They took great care of my belongings, answered all my questions and were very kind to me during a stressful move across the country. I feel so lucky that they were the ones to pack, load and move me!!"
J.G., July 2015
- "There was a good rhythm of communication. The Dallas crew was very patient and willing to do whatever was required. They did an excellent job!"
D.G., July 2015
- "We had an outstanding crew! They even helped with a piece of furniture that was not in great shape by stabilizing it before re-assembling it. Outstanding! I would recommend this crew to anyone that needed moving."
J.F., June 2015